Provide the highest quality of education to family medicine residents
- We commit ourselves to achieving the highest quality of teaching for our residents using evidence-based techniques, while prioritizing advances in technology, healthcare delivery and coordination of care.
- We believe that residency should be a time of personal, spiritual and professional growth and that, despite the often serious nature of what physicians do, residency should also be fun.
- We value a passion for education and commit ourselves to lifelong learning.
- We value learner-centric education, encouraging self-reliance in our residents, as well as supporting the development of their confidence and autonomy.
- We value flexibility in education while prioritizing training in full-spectrum family medicine to prepare our residents to practice in any community they choose.
Provide the best possible medical care and service to our patients
- We embrace the defining tenets of family medicine, including the value of the biopsychosocial model, continuity of care across time and location, inclusivity for all, care of the family, as well as care of patients of all ages and disease states.
- We define high quality patient care in terms of optimal management of acute and chronic illnesses, as well as preventing illness and enhancing quality of life whenever possible.
- We believe that optimal patient care involves an interdisciplinary team perspective that leverages various specialties and disciplines, in order to best serve our patients’ unique needs.
- We strive to treat the whole patient, recognizing that environmental and social factors are an integral aspect of chronic disease management.
Improve the health of our community
- We define our program in terms of “family,” emotionally supporting and encouraging the growth of all who are part of our team.
- We strive to create a culture of wellness that honors the wholeness of the physician, promotes resiliency, and engenders interpersonal support across all team members.
- We are proud of our longstanding tradition of success, continually improving ourselves via both the contributions of our alumni as well as actively seeking out resident opinion in decisions of the program.
- We value a spirit of volunteerism and service to the community.
Advance the specialty of family medicine
- We strive to lead in the advancement of our specialty, as we believe family physicians make a unique and valuable contribution to health care.
- We value inclusivity and strive to bring people of talent, achievement and character to our program. We respect differing opinions and encourage their expression.
- We expect from ourselves and our residents the highest standards of professionalism, including personal integrity, honesty, fairness, compassion and respect for others. We realize this is taught through example.
Beacon Health System
In addition to Memorial Family Medicine values, we support the mission and vision of Beacon Health System.
We deliver outstanding care, inspire health, and connect with heart
- Putting patients at the center of all we do
- Respecting one another
- Demonstrating compassion
- Operating with integrity
- Being trustworthy in all that we do