Dr. Dunham is a 2016 graduate of Memorial Family Medicine Program. She chose Memorial to prepare her for an international practice and currently practices in the Middle East. After interviewing throughout the country for the perfect program, she found that and more at Memorial. The key aspect she was hoping to find in training was to not be limited by her training. Knowing she would practice in an under resourced area in the future, she wanted to be challenged in residency. She highlights the robust training and supportive community as hallmarks of the training and continues to reap the benefits in her current practice.
Dr. Boersma is a 2008 graduate of Memorial. After her residency training, she completed our OB fellowship in 2009. She practices full spectrum family medicine in Greensburg, Indiana. She additionally has pursued leadership opportunities within family medicine and is the current president of the Indiana Academy of Family Physicians, a distinction other graduates of Memorial have held in the past. She credits the broad access to training opportunities at Memorial, in addition to the people, as key factors that have helped her to become a successful family physician and physician leader.
Dr. Kozak joined us from University of Alabama Medical School and graduated from Memorial in 2015. He then completed his Health Services and Management fellowship in 2016, earning a Master’s in Public Affairs. Dr. Kozak is passionate about serving disenfranchised patient populations and found the robust training at Memorial to be the perfect setting to learn how to do this best. He now serves as the medical director at an FQHC in South Bend, IN, and is leading our community in providing care for patients with HIV, opioid use disorder, and hepatitis C.
Dr. Booth attending Southern Illinois University for Medical School and completed her training at Memorial Family Medicine Residency in 2018. With her sights on a direct primary care model of care, she wanted a training program that would equip her with the tools to serve her patients in unique ways. She received that and more from Memorial and now is a touchstone for health in her community of Kansas City.
Dr. Norman did his medical school training at University of Alabama and completed residency at Memorial Family Medicine Residency in 2015. After training, he stayed on as an Obstetrics fellow to increase his procedural acumen. He now practices in his hometown of rural Alabama as a full spectrum family physician caring for his patients in the inpatient, outpatient, obstetrical, and surgical arenas. He credits his full-spectrum training at Memorial for his ability to have such comfort with a broad practice which benefits his under-resourced community.
Dr. Okanlami is a 2017 graduate of Memorial Family Medicine Residency Program. He joined us in a non-traditional manner, after sustaining a spinal cord injury while in his orthopedic surgery residency at Yale. He credits Memorial for his reintroduction into medicine after this tragic accident left him paralyzed from the waist down and unable to operate as a surgeon. His unique circumstance helped us to have a lens for accommodations necessary to help all of our residents succeed and we were able to transform two exam rooms to be accessible for providers in wheelchairs. He now serves in various leadership positions within the country in addition to holding many leadership and academic appointments at the University of Michigan. Nationally, he serves as the Disability Issues representative on the Steering Committee for the Group on Diversity and Inclusion at the AAMC, and the National Medical Association’s Council on Medical Legislation. He speaks around the country on topics related to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, including, but not limited to the lack of black male physicians and creating a health system that is accessible and inclusive to both patients and providers with disabilities, and has been featured on CBS News, Fox News, PBS News Hour, and MSNBC’s Morning Joe. He is leading efforts to create an adaptive sports program, providing access to physical fitness and recreational and competitive sports for all.
Dr. Pickett is a 2020 graduate of Memorial Family Medicine Residency Program. With a goal for practicing Sports Medicine after residency, he was drawn to Memorial after participating in our Family Medicine In-depth Rotation and experiencing the broad training during this month. Although he knew he wanted to practice as a sports medicine physician at training completion, he wanted to challenge himself in residency and be exposed to the full-spectrum that family medicine has to offer. As a program, we have a 100% match rate for residents interested in matching in Sports Medicine fellowships. This helped propel him, as well as two of his class mates, to match at prestigious Sports Medicine Fellowship Programs in 2020. He currently is a Sports Medicine Fellow at Duke University.
- Madeline Chandler, MD, Outpatient Family Medicine, Minneapolis, MN
- Allyson DiMagno, MD, Sports Medicine Fellowship, Notre Dame Sports Medicine Fellowship, South Bend, IN
- James Handtke, DO, Outpatient Family Medicine with Beacon Medical Group, Middlebury, IN
- Kallie Kram, MD, Rural Outpatient Family Medicine, Burton, TX
- Audrieanna Kramer-Laughlin, MD, Outpatient Family Medicine at Lawndale Christian Health Center, Chicago, IL
- Garrett Muhlstadt, DO, Southwestern Medical Clinic, Niles, MI
- Deborah Pavey, MD, Outpatient Family Medicine with Beacon Medical Group, LaPorte, IN
- Megan Spencer, DO, Pokagon Health Services, Dowagiac, MI
- Kaitlin VanderKolk, MD, MPH, Outpatient Family Medicine, Underserved Clinic, Denver, CO
- Miriam Adrianson, MD, Outpatient Family Medicine, Grand Rapids, MI
- Megan Boyk, MD, Health Services Management Fellowship, Memorial Hospital, South Bend, IN
- Natalie Burkhart, DO, Memorial OB Surgical Fellowship, South Bend, IN
- Caitlin Casey, DO, Outpatient Family Medicine with Duly Health Care, Oak Lawn, IL
- Michael Keller, MD, Inpatient, Outpatient, and Nursing Home Care, Winamac, IN
- J. Bradley Lankford, DO, Outpatient Medicine, Floyds Knobs, IN
- Chinyama “ChiChi” Munakampe, MD, Outpatient Medicine and Obstetrics with Beacon Medical Group, Mishawaka, IN
- Jerome Pomeranz, MD, Family Medicine Residency Faculty, Kalamazoo, MI
- Cody Ward, MD, Sports Medicine Fellowship, Notre Dame Sports Medicine Fellowship, South Bend, IN
- Ryan Berns, MD, Sports Medicine Fellowship, Notre Dame Sports Medicine Fellowship, South Bend, IN
- Brian Jones, DO, Outpatient Family Medicine, Columbus, IN
- Amber Lichtenbarger, MD, Outpatient Family Medicine, South Bend, IN
- James McCarrey, DO Outpatient Family Medicine, South Bend, IN
- Autumn Menkedick, MD Rural Outpatient Family Medicine, Cambridge City, IN
- Jacob Nafziger, DO, Inpatient & Outpatient Family Medicine, Archbold, OH
- Kyle Ramthun, MD, Outpatient Family Medicine, Holland, MI
- Mary “Betsy” Sutherland, MD, HealthLinc FQHC, South Bend, IN
- Dyllan Tiburzi, MD, Health Services Management Fellowship, Memorial Hospital, South Bend, IN
- Jon Aubry, MD, Sports Medicine Fellowship, University of Florida
- Katherine Callaghan, MD, Health Service Management Fellowship, Memorial Hospital of South Bend
- Tim Day, MD, Full Spectrum Family Medicine, Pulaski Memorial Hospital
- Megan M. Ishikawa, MD, MPH Indiana University Health Arnett Family Medicine, West Lafayette
- Frederick L. Ruckersfeldt, MD, Obstetrics Fellowship, Memorial Hospital of South Bend
- Kimberly Azelton, MD, Health Service Management Fellowship, Memorial Hospital of South Bend
- Mitchell Daugherty, MD, Sports Medicine Fellowship, Ohio State University
- Johnny L. Gerardot, MD, Family Medicine, Beacon Medical Group Main Street
- Brent B. Pickett, DO, Sports Medicine Fellowship, Duke University
- John Kelly, MD, Outpatient Primary Care, Central Virginia Family Physicians
- Robert Cassady, MD, Outpatient and Inpatient Family Medicine, South Bend Clinic
- Michael Fecher, MD, Full Spectrum Family Medicine, Goshen Family Physicians
- Thomas McGinn, DO, North Chattahoochee Family Physicians, Atlanta, GA
- Alexander Porte, MD, Lawndale Christian Health Center, Chicago
- Ryan Enck, MD, Hospitalist, Memorial Hospital, South Bend, IN
- Jonathan Ditty, MD, Outpatient and Inpatient Family Medicine, South Bend Clinic
- Beniot Herbert, MD, General Surgery Residency, Arrowhead Medical Center/Kaiser Permanente, Colton, CA
- Thomas Pechin III, MD, Outpatient and Inpatient Family Medicine, Goshen Hospital