At the completion of this block, the resident will have developed an understanding of:
- Who are the people who work in the administration of a health system?
- How health systems are integrated across the many “levels” of administration
- Why integration is useful and when it is not
- The role of physician leadership in health system integration
- Governance in systems vs. the analogous oversight elements in small practices
- The role of the office manager in various types/sizes/styles of offices
Residents should ideally:
- Attend BMG Ambulatory Dyad meetings
- Attend Physician Governance Council meetings
- Meet with various office managers
- Meet with Beacon Health System leadership (and sub-entities) at all levels including the C-suite.
- As appropriate, meet with those outside of Beacon doing similar things in their organization
- Meet or talk with individuals in organizations that they foresee themselves working with in their early career
- Discuss this topic with regional or national leaders in this field as they may be available through faculty or resident connections
- Do any assigned directed reading